The Coaching add-on can be found in the “Add-ons” tab, the last tab of the app.
1. Filter the Add-ons page to manage learner access
First, you need to filter the Add-ons page so that only authorized learners can access the Coaching Add-on.
Inform your CSM so that the Add-ons page can be filtered from the custom field of your choice.
2. Activate the Coaching add-on
The Coaching add-on is activated by our production department, after signing the order form.
Contact your CSM who will guide you through the activation steps.
As soon as the Coaching add-on is active, you should see a new section on the left menu of the Mission Center.
The activation of the Coaching add-on on the app side requires a republication.
3. Create the "Coach" profiles
A coach must have both a Learner account and a Manager account.
- The Learner account allows the coach to access the application, and therefore the Coaching add-on.
- The Manager account allows the coach to have the necessary rights for the role of coach:
- Start a new discussion
- Have access to a list of learners to coach (= manage the coach's population)
- Evaluate expertise
- Have access to the training catalog (or a selection from the catalog)
- Recommend training courses
In order to create the "Coach" profiles, you must:
- Create their manager account, or import them into the Mission Center
The manager accounts of your coaches must have the following roles (at a minimum):
- “Can access the learners section"
- "Can be a coach in the Coaching add-on"
- Link manager accounts to learner accounts via a CSV import
Does your coach's manager account already exist?
You must then update this account via a CSV import, in order to link your coach's manager account to his learner account.
You must also update their manager roles by checking the rights “Can access the learners section” and “Can be a coach in the Coaching add-on”.
If your coach already has access to the Mission Center, he can link his manager account to his learner account via his manager profile.
Your coach's manager account doesn't exist yet?
We recommend that you proceed with a CSV import which will allow you to directly link the manager account to the learner account of your coach created previously.
Also remember to give the manager roles “Can access the learners section” (“roleLearnerManager” on the CSV import file) and “Can be a coach in the Coaching add-on” (“roleCoach” on the CSV import file).
Note: from version 3.11 onwards, the import of manager accounts can be automated. Please contact your CSM or account manager for more information.
4. Provide access to a list of learners to coach
The list of learners to which a coach has access is automatically generated from the values of the custom fields entered in the coach's manager account.
You can manage access directly from the manager profile of your coaches, in the "Set filters for learners' access" section.
You can also use the import manager file in CSV format. If this is the case, be careful to use the correct typography of values.
Example: if you want to give access to learners in the COUNTRY = UK custom field, make sure that these learners are gathered in the UK group and not United-Kingdom.
5. Assign training courses that the coach can recommend
When setting up the Coaching add-on, you can choose the scope of the courses visible to your coaches:
- By default, the coach only sees the courses to which his manager account has access - this can be configured in your coach's manager account in the Mission Center. This configuration allows the coach to give access to an exclusive training course that the learner would not yet see in his catalogue.
- Alternatively, you can decide that the coach will only see the courses to which his learner has access. This way, you can be sure that the coach will not give access to a course that the learner should not see.
This choice is made when you activate the Coaching add-on with your CSM.