Do you have several managers to create and want to avoid doing it manually, one by one? Then this article is for you!
Where to download the file?
Click on You can download a sample CSV file here
Your file resumes:
- email, manager's email
- username, login to connect
- password, password
- statusActive, set the account status: Y for Yes / N for No
- roleAnalyst, give access to statistics reports: Y for Yes / N for No
- roleAuthor, allows to create content: Y for Yes / N for No
- roleLearnerManager, give access to learners: Y for Yes / N for No
- roleTrainingManager, allows to create training courses: Y for Yes / N for No
- roleTrainer, role allowing to create and manage Live! sessions: Y for Yes / N for No
- roleCatalogManager, allows to manage the catalog (training courses and categories) : Y for Yes / N for No
- roleCommunicationManager, authorizes to send communications: Y for Yes / N for No
- roleAdminManager, gives the right to create managers: Y for Yes / N for No
- roleTrainingPublisher, allows to manage editors (to create editors profile if the feature "Editors" is enabled)
- roleContentLicenseProvider, allows you to generate content licenses (to share training courses to another Mission Center if the "Off-the-shelf content" feature is enabled)
- roleContentLicenseImporter, allows you to import content licenses (to receive training courses shared from another Mission Center if the "Off-the-shelf content" feature is enabled)
How to save the file?
If you use your own Excel® file, check to save it correctly in CSV UTF-8 format:
- Open your Excel® file containing your learners list
- Go to the "File" tab
- Click on "Save as" and select the file type "CSV (separator: semicolon)", then click on "Save"
- To encode your CSV file in UTF-8, open it in a text editor: Notepad on Windows (Start Menu> All Programs> Accessories> Notepad) or TextWrangler on Mac.
- Click on the "File" menu, then "Save as" and in the drop-down list "Encode", select "UTF-8". It is absolutely necessary to choose the semicolon as separator, commas, even in UTF-8, is not working.
- After saving it, your file is encoded in UTF-8: you can upload it to the Mission Center.