The breakdown of the educational content being particularly disrupted by the Mobile Learning and by the Teach on Mars solution, it is needed to think about the training course structure before the design phase.
So even if you are tempted to jump straight into the Mission Center, we recommend that you use the Training Structure.
The interest of the Training Structure
The Training Structure allows you to have a macro view of your training course, while taking into account the specificities of the Teach on Mars solution.
It thus makes it possible to rebalance the different modules and the different types of activity upstream. It also allows you to prepare the training content calmly (visuals, questions and answers) and to plan the various elements you will need.
Finally, it facilitates the communication with your various collaborators of the project: the agency or the freelancer can offer you a structure for validation before starting the design. After the design, it is sent for translation at the same time as the activities in order to adapt all the titles of your training course
What will you need to create your training course?
To design training in the best conditions, we advise you to plan various elements upstream: training course titles, modules and activities, description and keywords, the different types of activities.
The Training Structure allows you to consolidate these elements into a single document.
How does the Training Structure work?
It is an Excel document that cannot be integrated into the Mission Center. It is made up of three tabs to be completed in order. It has a validation system for the number of characters, which will allow you to enter titles that respect the limitations.
Training course tab:
Training course type: 3 proposals in a drop-down menu
- 100% digital
The Blended Learning is a type of blended learning combining a synchronous part and elements of online training.
- Face-to-face training
The face-to-face training takes place in a physical classroom.
Target audience: free cell in which you identify the target audience, indicate here the related metadata
Ex: For French commercials → Country: France, Profession: sale
Assessment method(s): Free cell to formalize the assessment protocol you want to set up (Survey to measure satisfaction, Quiz to measure the anchoring of information, etc.)
Training course objectives, Context / issues, key ideas to remember: free cell where you clarify the context in which the training course will be deployed as well as the need to which the training course meets.
Keywords: insert all the keywords from your training course, separating the ideas with a comma. You can then inform them about the Mission Center with a simple copy and paste: they will allow your training course to be brought up in the search tab.
Training course duration: you see that the duration is grayed out. Indeed, this data will be automatically filled in when the training course tab is completed.
- Commencez par remplir le titre de module en respectant les limitations de caractère. Automatiquement, le numéro de module s’affiche.
- Pour le type de module, trois choix s’offrent à vous dans le menu déroulant : pour la plupart des activités vous choisirez « Parcours de formation ». Si vous souhaitez utiliser une activité de type Toolbox ou Self-Evaluation / Exercises, c’est dans cet onglet qu’il faut le renseigner.
- Les Objectifs du module sont un champ libre dans lequel vous pouvez expliquer les éléments que vous souhaitez retrouver dans votre formation.
- Start by filling in the module title, respecting the character limitations. Automatically, the module number is displayed.
- For the type of module, three choices are available to you in the drop-down menu: for most activities you will choose "Training course". If you want to use a Toolbox or Self-Evaluation / Exercises activity type, this is the tab you need to fill in.
- The Objectives of the module are a free field in which you can explain the elements that you want to find in your training course.
The modules column will allow you to retrieve the information filled in in the previous tab. Select the module that interests you.
Choose the type of activity you want to insert. Indicate your activity title while respecting the character limitations.
You can then insert the activity objectives, as you did with the module.
The duration of the activity must be indicated in minutes: indicate 1,5 for 1mn30.
Si vous retournez sur le premier onglet, la durée de formation s’est adaptée et vous avez désormais une idée de la durée totale de la formation.
Vous avez rempli votre Training Structure, n’hésitez pas à faire une analyse de votre structure et à appliquer des modifications si celle-ci est déséquilibrée.
Télécharger la Training Structure
If you go back to the first tab, the training course duration has been adapted and you now have an idea of the total duration of the training course.
You have completed your Training Structure, do not hesitate to analyze your structure and apply changes if it is unbalanced.
Download the Training Structure