Create an activity using templates
There are two techniques to create an activity, the web authoring tool or the Excel® templates. In this article, we will focus on this second possibility, which is particularly useful for working with all the "offline" freedom.
The use of the templates is composed of several steps:
- downloading the Excel® templates on the Mission Center (Internet and Mission Center accesses required for this step)
- filling the template with your content
- uploading your template to the Mission Center
The template is an Excel® file structured according to the activity. It is a form to be filled out. You just need to follow the instructions in the document to complete it step by step.
Where and how to download the Excel® templates?
You can download your template by clicking on “Activity templates”.
"download" icon if you want to download all activities templates.
click on the chevron of the language that interests you > choose the activity > "download" icon
Your template is now available on your computer.
Note: Careful, Teach on Mars regularly updates its Excel® templates, we advise you to always use the Mission Center link by activity to have the latest version.
A little reminder about the different activities.
You will find these Excel® templates in the following places:
- on the training courses page (CATALOG > training courses), and also on the training course creation page
- on the authoring page of a training course
- in the « Content » chevron of an activity (Download empty content file).
Discover and complete a template
By opening your template, you will see 3 tabs:
These 3 tabs appear on all templates. They are nevertheless adapted to the type of activity.
1. The Instructions will give you all the information you will need to fill in your file peacefully, including:
- what is expected for each cell in the document
- restrictions on the number of characters
- the possible types of media, the media codes (which you can copy / paste).
2. The Configuration tab is particularly extensive in scored activities.
3. The cards tab will allow you to fill in content that will be visible in the App:
- questions / answers / corrections for scored activities
- textual and informative content for the Mobile Course activity
There are three types of templates:
- Scored activities whose Configuration tab is very extensive and whose visuals are customizable.
- Profiling, Survey, Self-Evaluation / Exercises activities work in the same way.
- The Mobile Course, whose Cards tab can be almost completely customized. The same is true for the Toolbox activity.
How to use the template for the Mobile Course activity
The Mobile Course allows you to create customized content, to add titles and text to different card modalities that you will be able to layout, but also media such as visuals, videos ...
Insert a media in my activity
To insert your media in your activity you will have to go through 2 steps:
- indicate in the template the location and mode of appearance of your media
- import your media into the Mission Center
To know more on how to insert your media, do not hesitate to read the article of the Help Center.
You would like to manage the layout of you content, especially:
- bold and italic
- stylization of quotes
You can do this using our media codes which will be recognized by the Mission Center. To do this, copy the code that you will find in the following table, into the content cell.
|Insert a media||IMAGE||[media:name-of-the-file.jpg]||Block the zoom of the image (NOZOOM)||[media:name-of-the-file.jpg,nozoom]|
Enlarge the image (FULL)
|[media:name-of-the-file.pdf]||Name the button||[media:name-of-the-file.pdf|Texte du bouton ]|
|Insert a quote||[quote:quote|Author of the quote]|
|Insert a link to a training course||[training:reference-code-of-the-training-course]|
(H1 bigger, H4 smaller)
|[H1:Title of the card]||Tailles du titre||
[H2:Title of the card]
[H3:Title of the card]
[H4:Title of the card]
(By default to the left)
>>>>this is right aligned text
|Alignment to the left or centered||
<<<<aligned to the left (appears in the cards centered by default)
[h2:>><<The little fox]
!! This content is important
When uploading your template, the Mission Center interprets and validates your content to display it as it should in the App.
After the import, all you have to do is pass your training course in Test version and enjoy the rendering on your application.