Teach on Mars allows you to lock a module according to different criteria:
- By code (read the article « How to unlock a module using a code ? »)
- Under condition of success of another module
- By date: this is what we will see in this article!
This feature allows you to pilot a distance learning program over time. You can thus ensure the provision of training course modules one after the other, several days or several weeks apart.
By locking the modules over time, you can also make one or more modules of a course accessible over a given period. This allows you to set up training course campaigns.
In the Modules access management window, click on Create .
1. Enter dates of availability
Select the module for which you want to indicate locking dates. Choose your start and end dates.
You can choose to indicate only a provision date in the “From” cell and leave the “To” cell empty: learners will have access to the module at from the date entered, with no time limit thereafter.
But you can also choose to indicate only a date in the “To” cell: in this case, learners will have access to the module as soon as they are published (provided they have access to training course!), but for a limited time, until the date indicated.
2. Filter access by population
You can choose to fill in the filters from the custom fields, in order to propose locking conditions for one or more training modules for some of the learners who have access to the training course. You must create a locking condition rule by population (it is not possible to create a rule for several groups at the same time). If the rules concern all learners who have access to the training course, then it is not necessary to fill in the filters.
- the locking conditions are automatically disabled if a Profiling activity is present in the training path and recommends activities. If the Profiling does not recommend any other specific module, the condition will work.
- at least two modules are needed in the training course to enable the option