Short text communication allows you to send a text that will appear as a push message. It can be read in the Wall in the form of a small text.
HOW TO CREATE A short text-TYPE COMMUNICATION ITEM FROM THE MISSION CENTER ?
1. CHOOSE "Short text" AS THE COMMUNICATION TYPE
The Short text is the sixth communication type available.
2. CHOOSE YOUR TARGET
Select your recipients by choosing one of the 3 available options:
- Send to all learners (checked by default)
- Refine with filters (to send your communication to a group of learners from your custom fields)
- Refine with emails/logins (to send to a list of learners)
3. CHOOSE YOUR LANGUAGE OF PUBLICATION (EDITION)
You can now set a default language for your communications and manage translations directly in the Languages section.
4. Content section
Fill in the Title field (limited to 140 characters). This communication appears as a simple text on the learners Wall.
Note: it is not possible to display this type of communication in the home banner
5. OPTIONS section
To finish, select the options for your communication:
- Allow learners to share this communication (Allow sharing)
The sharing feature allows your learners to share the communication on their own social networks.
An example of Short text communication.
- Allow learners to like this communication (Allow likes)
Enabling the "like" allows your learners to express their interest in a particular communication by clicking on the "heart" icon associated with that communication.
- Allow learners to comment this communication (Allow comments)
Get your learners to react to a communication by enabling comments. All learners who see the communication will be able to comment on it and react to other learners' comments.
- Use push to notify your learners (Notify yours learners via push notification)
Want your learners to be automatically notified of your communication? Send them a push notification! By default, the title of the communication is added as the text of the push notification. If you prefer, you can edit it to choose your own text of up to 200 characters.
Make this text as engaging as possible! When learners click on the notification, they will be automatically directed to your communication.
- customization of communications does not apply to push notifications.
by allowing the sharing of your communications, they become public and accessible to all, be careful not to authorize the sharing of sensitive information.
- options Share/Like/Comments can only be modified in the default language, before and after publishing of the communication.
- the Push notification can only be enabled in the default language but the notification text can be translated in each translation language. Once the communication sent, it is no more possible to enable/disable this option, even if the default language. The notification texts always remain visible for the record.
SAVE OR SEND?
Need to translate your article? Start by saving it as a draft. You can then handle its translation directly online.
Once everything is ready, just click on Send to get your article straight to your learners!