Note : custom fields can only be created / modified by a super Admin account
Custom fields specified in learner accounts allow you to set up filters on the information in order to obtain a more concise display containing only the necessary data. You determine them when you create your Teach on Mars solution.
They can be modified at any time and supplement the mandatory fields, namely:
- Status: Active (A) or inactive (I)
- Content reviewer: Yes or No
Note: for the status, Active is the default value
How to use custom fields?
You can create multiple custom fields as you wish to. (Examples of custom fields: Company, Department, Country, ...).
- Do not use parentheses in custom fields
- Maximum 50 custom fields
- Maximum 255 characters per field
Filters can be used in the Mission Center but also for Excel® export statistics:
- To allow multiple values for a custom field, check the Multi-values box
- To use the filters only in Excel® reports, check the Only in export box
- To be visible in the Embedded dashboards of the Mission Center
- To deactivate a custom field, check the Archive box
How to use filters?
Filters are used for many displays in the Mission Center:
- HOME / Key indicators: Analysis of training course or learner statistics on a filtered population
- COMMUNITY / Learners: Selection of a filtered population of learners
- COMMUNITY / Communications / Create: Messages created for a filtered population of learners
- ADMINISTRATION / Managers / Filtres heading: Gives managers access to a filtered population of learners
- CATALOG / Training courses : View on the Training courses of a certain category. Then allows to give access to a training course to a filtered population of learners, in the ToM Enterprise application via the Manage access to learners section.
What are used multi-values fields for ?
These are used in the profile, for example, to perform a search. However, they cannot be used subsequently for the filters of the access rules or the rules for sending communication. Values must be separated by commas ",".
- A learner works for two subsidiaries of a client. There is a Subsidiary custom field.
- Several subsidiaries companies exist for a client (Lyon, Paris, Marseille, Bordeaux).
- The learner working for Paris and Marseille will have in his profile under the Subsidiary field: Paris, Marseille
- When we do our search to see all the learners in "Paris", this one will appear together will all learners in Paris. It will be the same if we carry out a search containing "Marseille" together will all learners in Marseille. We will also find by searching for "Paris, Marseille" but we will not find it by searching for "Marseille, Paris".
Therefore, it can be concluded that in the profile, the comma is considered as and and, but in a search, the comma takes the full string of characters.
You can put two values in a field on a profile. If we do a search, on one or the other value, the learner will appear in both cases. You cannot put two values in a field when you do a search, or when you select a population of recipients.