There are two methods to import a list of learners:
- Import from the example file downloaded from the Mission Center
- Import from your own Excel® file
Import from the example file downloaded from the Mission Center
You can import a large number of learners at once, from a single Excel® file.
You can directly download the template file from the Mission Center by clicking on the import.csv file
In the Excel® file, complete the information of your learners:
- Login (mandatory)
- First name (mandatory)
- Last name (mandatory)
- Email (mandatory)
- Status A = Active / I = Inactive (mandatory)
- Sandbox_tester (content reviewer Y = yes / N = no) (mandatory)
- Metadata if already filled in (optional)
Finish by clicking on Import now after having imported your csv file.
Import from your own Excel® file
If you use your own Excel® file, verify if it is saved under UTF 8 CSV format:
- Open your Excel® file containing your learners list
- Go to "File" tab
- Click on "Save as" and select the "CSV (separator: semicolon)" file-type, then click on "Save
- The following message should appear.
- To encode your CSV file in UTF-8, open it in a text editor: Notepad on Windows (Start Menu> All programs> Accessories> Notepad) or TextWrangler on Mac.
- Click on the "File" menu, then "Save as" and in the "Encoding" drop-down list, choose "UTF-8".
- After saving it, your file is encoded in UTF-8: you can upload it to the Mission Center.
Note: if the file includes already existing accounts, they will automatically be updated.