There are two methods to import a list of learners:
- Import from the example file downloaded from the Mission Center
- Import from your own Excel® file
Import from the example file downloaded from the Mission Center
You can import a large number of learners at once, from a single Excel® file.
You can directly download the template file from the Mission Center by clicking on the import.csv file
In the Excel® file, complete the information of your learners:
- Login (mandatory)
- First name (mandatory)
- Last name (mandatory)
- Email (mandatory)
- Status A = Active / I = Inactive (mandatory)
- Sandbox_tester (content reviewer Y = yes / N = no) (mandatory)
- Metadata if already filled in (optional)
Finish by clicking on Import now after having imported your csv file.
Note: the file must also be saved as UTF 8 CSV format
Import from your own Excel® file
If you use your own Excel® file, verify if it is saved under UTF 8 CSV format:
- Open your Excel® file containing your learners list
- Go to "File" tab
- Click on "Save as" and select the "CSV (separator: semicolon)" file-type, then click on "Save
- The following message should appear.
- To encode your CSV file in UTF-8, open it in a text editor: Notepad on Windows (Start Menu> All programs> Accessories> Notepad) or TextWrangler on Mac.
- Click on the "File" menu, then "Save as" and in the "Encoding" drop-down list, choose "UTF-8". It is absolutely necessary to choose the semicolon as a separator, indeed commas, even in UTF-8, are not working.
- After saving it, your file is encoded in UTF-8: you can upload it to the Mission Center.
if the file includes already existing accounts, they will automatically be updated.
To delete an enrollment, enroll the learner's last day with the next day's date (the current date or a past date will not be taken into account). Your learner will be automatically unregistered the next day.