What is the Pick a Word activity?
Time selection of correct words in a crossing list
Pick a Word is a memory anchoring activity that lets the learner move a rocket on the words corresponding to a concept.
Words scroll from the top of the screen. The learner moves the rocket on the right words and dodges the incorrect ones. The activity has several levels. With each new level scrolls a new series of words, the rocket accelerates and the game becomes more difficult.
The activity is successful according to the score. A good answer gives one point while a wrong answer removes one point.
Pick a Word is designed to assess learning outcomes, therefore proposed in the ELPA Practice Phase.
Suitable for Badge, Score, Shake'n'Learn features: yes
Available medias: not applicable
Web app compatible: yes
- Score, in the form of a progress bar. It turns green for each correct answer and red for each incorrect answer
- By level (affirmation): 5 correct answers, 5 incorrect answers
- Levels limited to 100 characters, responses limited to 15 characters
- Introduction card title*
- Introduction card text
- Number of correct answers required to succeed and validate the activity (success threshold)
- Background image (.png/.jpg)
- Question sorting method*
- Conclusion card title*
- Conclusion card text
- Conclusion card text displayed when faultless / success / fail*
- Cursor image*
Module type: training path
Upgrades history: only available from 17.4 version
How to use the Webauthoring tool for the Pick a Word activity?
To find out more about creating an activity, read the article "How to create the training course content for the first time?"
Edit your Pick a Word activity.
The Webauthoring tool for the Pick a Word activity is made up of three tabs:
- Graphic design
2. Parameters & Graphic Design
How to fill in the Excel® Challenge activity template?
All activities can be downloaded from:
by clicking at the top right of the screen on Activity templates.
They can also be downloaded from the training course authoring page.
Note: it is recommended to download the activity templates regularly, or even each time you use them, as these are frequently updated
The Excel® activity template for the Pick a Word activity is made up of three tabs:
1. The Instructions tab provides access to the Help Center article on the activity in question. It also shows screenshots of the rendering on the App.
2. The Configuration tab shows the different configurations to configure for the activity:
- Pick a Word Configuration (mandatory). If the data are not modified, the standard configuration will be applied
- D3 cell: the number of correct answers to successfully complete the activity (ex : you display 12 questions and the learner must correctly answer 8 of them)
- D4 cell: the order of appearance of the questions (ordered: identical to the order of creation, random: mixed or mixed: at the first launch of the activity the order is identical, with the launches that follow, the order is mixed)
- The activity introduction. If the text is not changed, the default text will be displayed.
- D6 cell: the introduction title (limited to 25 characters)
- D7 cell: the introduction text (limited 200 characters)
- Conclusion de l'activité. If the text is not changed, the default text will be displayed.
- D9 cell: the conclusion card title (limited to 25 characters)
- D10 cell: the text to display in the event of flawless success (limited to 100 characters)
- D11 cell: the text to display in case of success with fault at the completion of the activity (limited to 100 characters)
- D12 cell: the text to display in case of failure to complete (limited to 100 characters)
- Graphic configuration of the activity. If the data are not changed, the default configuration will be applied
- D14 cell: use the default cursor (rocket) or a custom cursor. The image must be in .png and be named cursor.png with a resolution of 150x240px
- D15 cell: use the default background image (sky) or a custom background image. The image must be in .jpg and be named background.jpg with a resolution of 768x1528px
3. The Cards tab allows to create questions:
- Column A : the question (or statement) (limited to 100 characters).
- Column D : answer 1 (correct answer, limited to 15 characters)
- Column G : answer 2 (correct answer, limited to 15 characters)
- Column J : answer 3 (correct answer, limited to characters)
- Column M : answer 3 (correct answer, limited to characters)
- Column P : answer 3 (correct answer, limited to characters)
- Column S : answer 3 (incorrect answer, limited to characters)
- Column V : answer 3 (incorrect answer, limited to characters)
- Column Y : answer 3 (incorrect answer, limited to characters)
- Column AB : answer 3 (incorrect answer, limited to characters)
- Column AE : answer 3 (incorrect answer, limited to 15 characters)
What is the rendering of the Pick a Word activity in the App?
Do you need to translate your activity? Do not hesitate to read the article on translations management of training courses content.