What is the Quiz Game activity?
Time related single-choice questions
The Quiz Game offers the learner to answer a series of single-choice questions in a limited time. The learner climbs 1 step if he answers correctly. Conversely, he drops down 1 step. At the end of the allotted time, he achieves the activity if he has reached the top of the scale. The Quiz Game is played solo or in duel against a chosen or random member of the group.
In duel mode, once the game is over, the challenger is notified of the challenge by a push notification and in the Messaging/Events section of the app. He in turn plays the same part and sees the progress of the defiant simultaneously. Once both opponents have played, winner and loser are notified by push notification of the result of the duel.
The Quiz Game is part of the Practice step of the ELPA Learning Cycle. It is relevant in isolated mode but also during animations in a face-to-face session. It is also very useful in the motivation phase, at the beginning of a training, in this case in the Engage stage of the ELPA cycle.
Suitable for Badge, Score, Shake'n'Learn features: yes
Available medias: images (.png/.jpg/.jpeg), audio (.mp3), PDF documents, video (.mp4, integrable subtitles)
Web app compatible:available since version 22.1.0
- For each question: 1 correct answer, 1 or 2 incorrect answer (s)
- Between 5 and 10 stages max. to validate the activity (7 by default)
- Activity time (30 secondes minimum)
- When answering a duel, the activity time corresponds to the opponent's time. If the activity has been set to 90 seconds, but the first duelist answers the questions in 65 seconds, the second duelist will have a maximum of 65 seconds to answer the questions in turn.
- Questions categorization (optional)
- Detailed corrections at the end of the game (optional)
- Insertion of a web link at the end of the game (optional)
- Game duration
- Number of questions to answer correctly to validate the activity (success threshold)
- Allow to see the correction or not
- Background image
- Solo or duel mode*
- Question sorting method*
- Introduction card title*
- Introduction card text*
- Learner cursor image
- Opponent cursor image
- Arrival image (i.e. planet)*
- Shade of font color (light or dark)*
Module type: training path
Upgrades history: only available from 17.4 version. The Quiz Game is also available on the web application since the 22.1.0 version.
How to use the Webauthoring tool for the Quiz Game activity?
To find out more about creating an activity, read the article "How to create the training course content for the first time?"
Edit your Quiz Game activity.
The Webauthoring tool for the Quiz Game activity is made up of three tabs:
- Graphic design
2. Parameters & Graphic Design
How to fill in the Excel® Quiz Game activity template?
All activities can be downloaded from:
by clicking at the top right of the screen on Activity templates.
They can also be downloaded from the training course authoring page.
Note: it is recommended to download the activity templates regularly, or even each time you use them, as these are frequently updated
The Excel® activity template for the Quiz Game activity is made up of three tabs:
1. The Instructions tab provides access to the Help Center article on the activity in question. It also shows screenshots of the rendering on the App.
2. The Configuration tab shows the different configurations to configure for the activity:
- Quiz Game type (mandatory). If the data are not modified, the standard configuration will be applied
- D3 cell: the desired mode for the Quiz: Dual or Solo. If no changes are made, Duel mode is selected by default.
- Quiz Game configuration (mandatory). If the data are not modified, the standard configuration will be applied
- D5 cell: the number of stages that the learner must pass to successfully complete the activity (between 5 and 10, 7 by default)
- D6 cell: the time allowed to complete the activity (in seconds, minimum 30 seconds)
- D7 cell: whether or not to display the correction (and explanations)
- D8 cell: the order of appearance of the questions (ordered: identical to the order of creation, random: mixed or mixed: at the first launch of the activity the order is identical, with the launches that follow, the order is mixed)
- The activity introduction. If the text is not changed, the default text will be displayed.
- D10 cell: the introduction title (limited to 25 characters)
- D11 cell: the introduction text (limited to 200 characters)
- Graphic configuration of the activity. If the data are not modified, the standard configuration will be applied
- D13 cell: use the default cursor (red rocket) or a custom cursor. The image must be in .png and be named cursor.png with a resolution of 50x100px
- D14 cell: use the default cursor (blue rocket) or a custom cursor for the "opponent" learner. The image must be in .png and be named opponentcursor.png with a resolution of 50x100px
- D15 cell: use of the default target (red planet) or a custom target. The image must be in .png and be named target.png with a resolution of 50x50px
- D16 cell: use the default background image (sky) or a custom background image. The image must be in .jpg and be named background.jpg with a resolution of 768x1024px
- D17 cell: choice of theme if you use your own background image. Depending on the background image, the characters may not be easy to read. Therefore, you must specify a theme to use
- Light (by default) : light background image for dark font color
- Dark : dark background for light font color
3. The Cards tab allows to create questions:
- Column A : the question (or statement) (limited to 120 characters)
- Column D : specific media column if you wish to add an image (as a reminder, in the specific media columns, it is not necessary to use the media tags [media: myimage.jpg], you just need to inform the name and extension of the image myimage.jpg). If you complete this column, the image will replace the text that will then be no more visible
- Column E : answer 1 (correct answer, limited to 45 characters)
- Column H : answer 2 (incorrect answer, limited to 45 characters)
- Column K : answer 3 (incorrect answer, limited to 45 characters)
- Column N : answer 4 (incorrect answer, limited to 45 characters)
- Column Q : the correction (limited to 350 characters)
- Column T : Web link (limited to 200 characters)
What is the rendering of the Quiz Game activity in the App?
Do you need to translate your activity? Do not hesitate to read the article on translations management of training courses content.