What is the Training Game activity?
Virtual work simulation exercise
Training Game provides the learner with a virtual simulation exercise by correctly answering a series of questions. At each stage, the learner has 3 options:
- The right choice (one point)
- The neutral choice (zero point)
- The wrong choice (-one point)
The learner selects a response. A gauge appears, indicating the impact of his decision on the situation. The Training Game activity is successful or not based on a floor score.
Training Game is intended to apply knowledge and ideally exploited during the Apply phase of the ELPA cycle.
Suitable for Badge, Score, Shake'n'Learn features: yes
Available medias: images (.png/.jpg/.jpeg)
Web app compatible: yes
- Score, in the form of a progress bar. It turns green for each correct answer and red for each incorrect response
- By question: 1 correct answer, 1 or 2 incorrect answer(s)
- Pictured question (mandatory)
- Questions limited to 150 characters, answers limited to 50 characters
- Introduction card title*
- Introduction card text
- Minimum score to achieve and validate activity (floor score)
- Message displayed when learner gives the wrong answer to a question
- Message displayed when learner gives the correct answer to a question
- Message displayed when learner gives the neutral answer to a question
- Message displayed at the end of the activity when learner failed
- Message displayed at the end of the activity when learner succeeded
- Message displayed at the end of the activity when learner reaches a score between the success and failure thresholds
- Success icon*
- Neutral icon*
- Fail icon*
- Conclusion card title*
- Conclusion card text displayed when faultless / success / fail*
Module type: training path
Upgrades history : only available from 17.4 version
How to use the Webauthoring tool for the Training Game activity?
To find out more about creating an activity, read the article "How to create the training course content for the first time?"
Edit your Training Game activity.
The Webauthoring tool for the Training Game activity is made up of three tabs:
- Graphic design
2. Parameters & Graphic design
How to fill in the Excel® Training Game activity template?
All activities can be downloaded from:
by clicking at the top right of the screen on Activity templates.
They can also be downloaded from the training course authoring page.
Note: it is recommended to download the activity templates regularly, or even each time you use them, as these are frequently updated
The Excel® activity template for the Training Game activity is made up of three tabs:
1. The Instructions tab provides access to the Help Center article on the activity in question. It also shows screenshots of the rendering on the App.
2. The Configuration tab shows the different configurations to configure for the activity:
- Activity introduction. If the text is not changed, the default text will be displayed.
- D3 cell: the introduction title (limited to 25 characters)
- D4 cell: the introduction text (limited to 200 characters)
- Scores configuration (mandatory).
- D6 cell: score to reach for the activity to be validated (1 by default)
- D7 cell: if this score is reached, the activity is considered a failure. The value must be negative for the activity to start (and different from 0) (-1 by default)
- Comments. If the text is not modified, the text by default will be displayed.
- D9 cell: comment if correct answer (limited to 50 characters)
- D10 cell: comment in case of neutral response (limited to 50 characters)
- D11 cell: comment in case of incorrect answer (limited to 50 characters)
- Gauge icons. If no changes are made to this option, the default icons will be used.
- D13 cell: "correct answer" icon. The image must be in .png and be named success.png with a resolution of 288x288px
- D14 cell: "neutral response" icon. The image must be in .png and be named neutral.png with a resolution of 288x288px
- D15 cell: "incorrect answer" icon. The image must be in .png and be named failure.png with a resolution of 288x288px
- Activity conclusion. If the text is not changed, the default text will be displayed.
- D17 cell: the conclusion card title (limited to 50 characters)
- D18 cell: the text to display if the activity is successful (limited to 150 characters)
- D19 cell: the text to display in the case of a neutral score (without success or failure) of the activity (limited to 150 characters)
- D20 cell: text to display in case of activity failure (limited to 150 characters)
- Conclusion icons. If no modification is done to this option, default icons will be used.
- D22 cell: "activity completed with success" icon. The image must be in .png and be named finalsuccess.png with a resolution of 280x260px
- D23 cell: "activity completed without success or failure" icon. The image must be in .png and be named finalneutral.png with a resolution of 280x260px
- D24 cell: "activity completed with failure". The image must be in .png and be named finalfailure.png with a resolution of 280x260px
3. The Cards tab allows to create questions:
- Column A : specific media column to add an image (as a reminder, in the specific media columns, it is not necessary to use the media tags [media: myimage.jpg], you just need to inform the name and extension of the image myimage.jpg)
- Column C : question (limited to 151 characters)
- Column F : answer 1 (correct answer, limited to 85 characters)
- Column I : answer 2 (neutral answer, limited to 85 characters)
- Column L : answer 3 (incorrect answer, limited to 85 characters)
- Column O : the correction and comments (limited to 400 characters)
- Column R : is it a key question? If the learner selects an incorrect answer, does the activity automatically end?
What is the rendering of the Training Game activity in the App?
Do you need to translate your activity? Do not hesitate to read the article on translations management of training courses content.