What is the Wordspool activity?
Timed knowledge anchoring game by association
Wordspool combines reflection and dexterity. The corners of the screen correspond to a concept. The objective for the learner is to associate each word proposed in the center of the screen with one of these concepts, by moving the puck to the relevant corner with the fingertips. The activity is timed and successful according to the score. A good answer scores one point while an incorrect answer removes one point.
Wordspool is proposed in the Practice phase of the ELPA cycle to evaluate and consolidate knowledge.
Suitable for Badge, Score, Shake'n'Learn features: yes
Available medias: not applicable
Web app compatible: yes
- Score, in the form of points. They become green for each correct answer and red for each incorrect answer
- Concepts limited to 10 characters, central words limited to 20 characters
- Introduction card title*
- Introduction card text
- Conclusion card title*
- Conclusion card text displayed when faultless / success / fail*
- Number of concepts in each corner: the game allows 2 to 4 concepts
- Success score: number of words to associate correctly to validate the activity
- Background image (.png/.jpg), corners, puck, central block*
Module type: training path
Upgrade history: available only from 17.4 version
How to use the Webauthoring tool for the Wordspool activity?
To find out more about creating an activity, read the article "How to create the training course content for the first time?"
Edit your Wordspool activity.
The Webauthoring tool for the Wordspool activity is made up of three tabs:
- Graphic design
2. Parameters & Graphic Design
How to fill in the Excel® Wordspool activity template?
All activities can be downloaded from:
by clicking at the top right of the screen on Activity templates.
They can also be downloaded from the training course authoring page.
Note: it is recommended to download the activity templates regularly, or even each time you use them, as these are frequently updated
The Excel® activity template for the Wordspool activity is made up of three tabs:
1. The Instructions tab provides access to the Help Center article on the activity in question. It also shows screenshots of the rendering on the App.
2. The Configuration tab shows the different configurations to configure for the activity:
- Wordspool configuration (mandatory). If the data is not changed, the default configuration will be applied.
- D3 cell: the name of Category 1 (mandatory, limited to 10 characters).
- D4 cell: the name of Category 2 (mandatory, limited to 10 characters).
- D5 cell: the name of Category 3 (optional, limited to 10 characters).
- D6 cell: the name of Category 4 (optional, limited to 10 characters).
- Activity parameters. If the data is not changed, the default configuration will be applied.
- Cell D8: the number of correct answers to successfully complete the activity (eg you display 12 questions and the learner must answer 8 of them correctly). If the information is not changed, the default text will be used, namely 3.
- Cell D9: the time allowed to complete the activity (in seconds, minimum 30 seconds)
- Activity introduction. If the text is not changed, the default text will be displayed.
- D11 cell: the introduction title (limited to 25 characters)
- D12 cell: the introduction text (limited to 200 characters)
- Activity conclusion. If the text is not changed, the default text will be displayed.
- D14 cell: the conclusion card title (limited to 25 characters)
- D15 cell: the text to display in the event of flawless success (limited to 100 characters)
- D16 cell: the text to display in case of success with fault at the completion of the activity (limited to 100 characters)
- D17 cell: the text to display in case of failure to complete (limited to 100 characters)
- Graphic configuration of the activity (background images). If the data is not changed, the default configuration will be applied.
- D19 cell: use of the default or personalized background image (stars on blue background). The image must be in .jpg and be named background.jpg with a resolution of 750x1246px
- D20 cell: use of the default puck image (rocket) or personalized. The image must be in .png and be named puck.png with a resolution of 200x200px
- D21 cell: use of the default category 1 image (yellow planet at the top left) or personalized. The image must be in .png and be named category1.png with a resolution of 220x220px
- D22 cell: using the default category 2 image (blue planet at bottom right) or personalized. The image must be in .png and be named category2.png with a resolution of 220x220px
- D23 cell: use of the default category 3 image (green planet in the lower left) or personalized. The image must be in .png and be named category3.png with a resolution of 220x220px
- D24 cell: use of the default category 4 image (red planet at the top right) or personalized. The image must be in .png and be named category4.png with a resolution of 220x220px
- D25 cell: choice of theme if you use your own background image. Depending on the background image, the fonts may not be easy to read. Therefore, you must specify a theme to use
Light: light background image for dark characters
Dark (by default): dark background image for light characters
3. The Cards tab allows to create questions:
- Column A : the word (limited to 20 characters)
- Column D : the category to select from the categories entered in the Configuration tab and linked to the word or image
What is the rendering of the Wordspool activity in the App?
Do you need to translate your activity? Do not hesitate to read the article on translations management of training courses content.