SO WHAT EXACTLY IS THE RECOMMENDATION QUIZ?
The Recommendation Quiz is an activity designed to enable you to offer your learners a personalized learning path, based on their score in a questionnaire-style quiz.
Every question in the quiz relates to a specific theme, which in turn corresponds to one or several training courses in your catalogue.
When your learners do not get enough correct answers on a given theme you can recommend training courses that will help them reinforce their knowledge and encourage them to start improving in those areas where they are not comfortable.
You can also recommend training courses to learners on themes where they have scored highly. That way they can further develop their expertise on those topics which clearly interest them the most.
In addition, you can enable an Global Evaluation option, which will give your learners insight into their overall level of knowledge on all the themes covered in your Recommendation Quiz.
HOW DOES THE RECOMMENDATION QUIZ WORK?
The Recommendation Quiz is a training course that only includes one activity. It is therefore ideal for promotion directly from the Wall, encouraging your learners to download it straight away at their very first connection to your app. Once they have completed it, they will be guided towards their recommended learning path based on the answers they give and the score they achieve.
DESIGNING YOUR RECOMMENDATION QUIZ
Before you start creating your Recommendation Quiz in the Mission Center, you will need to be clear on what your objectives are:
- What are the main themes featured in your training catalogue? Are you looking to cover all these themes in your Recommendation Quiz?
- What is the target population for your Recommendation Quiz? Do all the learners you are targeting have access to the training courses you'd like to recommend?
- Are you intending to use your Quiz to recommend "expert" training courses to those learners who score highly? Is the plan to recommend training courses that will fill any knowledge gaps or shortfalls on specific themes that your learners' responses identify? Or are you looking for your Quiz to generate recommendations in both these scenarios?
- As well as evaluating the knowledge of your learners on each theme, do you want to add an global evaluation across all your themes?
- How are you going to communicate on and distribute your Recommendation Quiz? If you want every new learner to complete the Quiz as soon as they access your app for the first time, have you thought about creating a dedicated Category at the beginning of your training catalogue?
SOME BEST PRACTICES
Structure your themes
Start by defining the themes for your Recommendation Quiz. You can incorporate up to 10 different themes – but remember that each one will need to have recommended training courses associated with it! You can start from your training catalogue and extract the themes that you build your Recommendation Quiz around. Or conversely, you can begin by defining the themes you want to evaluate, and then identify two or three training courses from your catalogue that fit with them. A recommended training course can be anything from a single Quiz Game right though to a much more sophisticated course with multiple modules and activities.
Write your questions
Every question in your Recommendation Quiz must be associated with one of your themes, and each question has 2 or 3 possible answers.
Each answer corresponds to one of three "levels": correct, incorrect or neutral.
Every theme must have at least one question associated with it. In fact, we recommend a minimum of 3 questions per theme to ensure you get the most meaningful and accurate results possible.
Think about your options
There are two optional parameters you can set when you create your Recommendation Quiz.
Firstly, you can opt for an global evaluation of your learner in addition to an evaluation for each theme: the global evaluation aggregates the results of the learner for all the questions you ask in your Quiz, across all your themes.
You can also activate the option that enables the learner to complete the Recommendation Quiz several times: every time he completes the Quiz, the learner can receive new training course recommendations according to his responses to the questions.
Communicate on the Wall
Don't forget to use the Wall to let your learners know about the Recommendation Quiz when you publish it! If you want all your new learners to complete the Recommendation Quiz the first time they connect to your app, you will have to publish a "Training course" or "Article" communication with a direct link to your Recommendation Quiz in first position in your Wall Slider.
You can also create a specific Category for your Recommendation Quiz that you can then position at the very beginning of your training catalogue.
OK, so now you're clear on the objectives and the design of your Recommendation Quiz, let's get down to business and build it!
To do this, see our article "How to create a Recommendation Quiz?"