What exactly is a communication template used for?
A communication template can be shared by a super admin (main administrator of the Mission Center) with other administrators. All these local administrators need to do is transform the template into a communication, manage the options (push notification, like, comment, etc.) and send!
By using communication templates, you can help your local administrators in their roles as facilitators of the Wall, and ensure that the messages sent to learners are consistent, adapted to the promise of your application and to your company's culture.
How to create a communication template?
Reminder: You can only create a communication template from a "super admin" account.
Create your communication template the same way you create a communication:
- How to send an Article-type communication?
- How to send a Video-type communication?
- How to send a Web link-type communication?
- How to send an Image-type communication?
- How to send a training course-type communication?
- How to send a short text-type communication?
Once the content of your article has been created, all you have to do is click on Save as template at the bottom right of the screen
How to transform a template into a communication?
Reminder: a communication template cannot be sent. It must first be transformed into a communication by the super admin or by an administrator with the "Can send communications" role
Imagine you've been informed that a communication template has been created and you need to use it to send a communication to your learner group.
Simply proceed as follows:
How to access the template?
1. The communication templates are recognizable because they are labelled Template. You can easily find the communication templates by filtering the list by Status:
On mouse-overing the template, four icons appear:
- : to view or edit the communication template. A communication template can only be
edited by a super admin.
- : to delete the communication template;
- : to duplicate the communication template;
- : to create a communication from the template.
When you click on , the communication is created from your template:
You can now edit and complete this communication:
- Choose your target (the learners to whom you want to send your communication)
- Choose the default language and adapt the communication in this language
- Display the communication on the Wall Slider
- Select your options (enable sharing, likes, comments and push notification)
As a reminder, these points are detailed in the article on how to create an Article-type communication? (points 2, 3, 6 and 7).
Save or send?
Perhaps you would like to translate your communication and send it to learners in different countries? Start by saving it as a draft. You can then deal with the translation directly online.
Once everything is ready, just click on Send to get your article straight to your learners!
How to create a new template from an existing communication?
Reminder: this action is only possible from a super admin account, which is the only type of account that can edit new communication templates.
In the same way as if you were going to edit an existing template, access your templates.
On mouse-overing, click on to create a communication from the selected template.
When you click with the mouse, the template is created:
You can see that it is pre-filled with the information contained in the communication.