Article-type communications offer you a framework for creating and structuring a complete communication using different "blocks" containing text, media or links. Articles can be used as a new way of delivering learning content - without requiring you to create a training course and activities - or simply of bringing information to the attention of your learners.
How to create an article-type communication item from the Mission Center ?
1. Choose "Article" as the communication type
The Article is the first communication-type available, it is than checked by default.
2. Choose your target
Select your recipients by choosing one of the 3 available options:
- Send to all learners (checked by default)
- Refine with filters (to send your communication to a group of learners from your custom fields)
- Refine with emails/logins (to send to a list of learners)
3. Choose your language of publication (edition)
You can now set a default language for your communications and manage translations directly in the Languages section. Read the article on management of languages in articles.
4. Header section
4. A. The Header image
The header image is the visual that learners will see first when they click on your communication. It is also the image that is previewed when the communication is in the Wall' news feed.
The size required for the header image is 750 x 270 pixels (resolution 72 pixels), in JPEG or PNG format. To integrate your image, click on the "Image" box or drag and drop.
You can choose a slightly larger image and use the Mission Center's zoom-in/zoom-out feature.
Note: You must include a header image - without it, you will not be able to publish or save your communication.
4. B. The title of the communication
The title of a communication can be up to 60 characters long. Make it as engaging as possible. Why not personalize it with your learners' first names, for instance? Read the article "How can I customize with the learner's information?"
Note: You must include a title - if it is not completed, you will not be able to publish or save your communication.
4. C. Wall Layout
When your communication is presented in the Wall's news feed (as opposed to the Wall Slider), the default layout is as follows:
However, you can opt for a different layout in order to make the news feed more dynamic. To do this, choose the option Image on the left / Text on the right... Or the other way round! You will need to upload a new 240 x 280 pixel image.
5. Content section
5. A. The description
Add a short description for your communication: it will be displayed with the header image and title in the news feed.
The description is limited to 180 characters.
Note: You do not have to include a description: if you don't fill it in, you will only see the title of the communication in your news feed.
5. B. The content
Click on the + to select the type of content you wish to add to the communication
- Add title
- Add text
- Add quote
- Add image) - JPG or PNG
- Add video - from an MP4 file
- Add audio - from an MP3 file
- Add document - from a PDF file
- Add link
- Add training
6. Home banner section
To display your communication on the Wall Slider / Home banner, simply check the corresponding box Display this communication on the home banner.
Once the box is checked, integrate a 750 x 545 pixel image by drag and drop or by clicking on the designated area to browse your computer. Use the Mission Center's built-in zoom-in/zoom-out feature to easily manage the size and rendering of your image.
7. Options section
To finish, select the options for your communication:
- Allow learners to share this communication (Allow sharing)
The sharing feature allows your learners to share the communication on their own social networks.
An example of sharing a communication on Slack.
- Allow learners to like this communication (Allow likes)
Enabling the "like" allows your learners to express their interest in a particular communication by clicking on the "heart" icon associated with that communication.
- Allow learners to comment this communication (Allow comments)
Get your learners to react to a communication by enabling comments. All learners who see the communication will be able to comment on it and react to other learners' comments.
- Use push to notify your learners (Notify yours learners via push notification)
Want your learners to be automatically notified of your communication? Send them a push notification! By default, the title of the communication is added as the text of the push notification. If you prefer, you can edit it to choose your own text of up to 200 characters.
Make this text as engaging as possible! When learners click on the notification, they will be automatically directed to your communication.
- customization of communications does not apply to push notifications.
- options Share/Like/Comments can only be modified in the default language, before and after publishing of the communication.
- the Push notification can only be enabled in the default language but the notification text can be translated in each translation language. Once the communication sent, it is no more possible to enable/disable this option, even if the default language. The notification texts always remain visible for the record.
SAVE OR SEND?
Need to translate your article? Start by saving it as a draft. You can then handle its translation directly online.
Once everything is ready, just click on Send to get your article straight to your learners!