What is the Challenge activity?
STOP-WATCHED QUESTIONNAIRE WITH SUCCESS THRESHOLD
Challenge is a series of single-choice questions. The learner answers questions that follow one another. Challenge is timed. At the end of the activity, the learner succeeds or fails according to his score. When he fails, the application recommends the activity to be revised in order to consolidate his knowledge.
Challenge is presented as a drilling session during the Practice phase of the ELPA cycle.
Suitable for Badge, Score, Shake'n'Learn features: yes
Available medias: images (.png/.jpg/.jpeg)
Web app compatible: yes
- Score, in the form of a progress bar. It turns green for each correct answer and red for each incorrect answer.
- By question: 1 correct answer, 1 or 2 incorrect answer (s)
- Question in picture (optional)
- Questions limited in number of characters
- Possibility to add corrections at the end (from version 18.1 Ganymede)
- Introduction card title*
- Introduction card text
- Number of questions per game session
- Number of questions to be answered correctly to validate the activity
- Order of appearance of questions*
- Title of conclusion card*
- Text conclusion card in case of no fault / success / non-success*
Module type: training path
Upgrades history: * only available from 17.4 version
How to fill in the Excel® Challenge activity template?
All activities can be downloaded from:
by clicking at the top right of the screen on Activity templates.
They can also be downloaded from the training course authoring page.
Note: it is recommended to download the activity templates regularly, or even each time you use them, as these are frequently updated
The Excel® activity template for the Challenge activity is made up of three tabs:
1. The Instructions tab provides access to the Help Center article on the activity in question. It also shows screenshots of the rendering on the App.
2. The Configuration tab shows the different configurations to configure for the activity:
- Challenge configuration (mandatory). If the data are not changed, the default configuration will be applied
- D3 cell: the number of questions to display (ex : you create 30 questions and wish to display 12 of them)
- D4 cell: the number of correct answers to successfully complete the activity (ex : you display 12 questions and the learner must correctly answer 8 of them)
- D5 cell: the time allowed to complete the activity (in seconds)
- D6 cell: display or not the correction (and explanations)
- D7 cell: the order of appearance of the questions (ordered: identical to the order of creation, random: mixed or mixed: at the first launch of the activity the order is identical, with the launches that follow, the order is mixed)
- Activity introduction. If the text is not changed, the default text will be displayed.
- D9 cell: the introduction title (limited to 50 characters)
- D10 cell: the introduction text (limited to 200characters)
- Activity conclusion. If the text is not changed, the default text will be displayed.
- D12 cell: the conclusion card title (limited to 25 characters)
- D13 cell: the text to display in the event of flawless success (limited to 100 characters)
- D14 cell: the text to display in case of success with fault at the completion of the activity (limited to 100 characters)
- D15 cell: the text to display in case of failure to complete (limited to 100 characters)
3. The Cards tab allows to create questions:
- Column A : ID link to the activity
- Column B : the question (limited to 150 characters)
- Column E : specific media column if you wish to add an image (as a reminder, in the specific media columns, it is not necessary to use the media tags [media: myimage.jpg], you just need to inform the name and extension of the image myimage.jpg)
- Column F : answer 1 (correct answer, limited to 50 characters)
- Column I : answer 2 (incorrect answer, limited to 50 characters)
- Column L : answer 3 (incorrect answer, limited to 50 characters)
- Column O : the correction (limited to 350 characters)
How to use the Webauthoring tool for the Challenge activity?
To find out more about creating an activity, read the article "How to create the training course content for the first time?"
Edit your Challenge activity.
The Webauthoring tool for the Challenge activity is made up of two tabs:
With the Webauthoring tool, you do not need the activity ID, it can be directly found in a drop-down list
What is the rendering of the Challenge activity in the App?
Do you need to translate your activity? Do not hesitate to read the article on translations management of training courses content.