What is the Exercises activity?
Real-life situation scenarios
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them said Aristotle, a while ago!
The Exercises activity proposes real-life situation scenarios validating the training principles. The Self-evaluation activity, combined with the Exercises activity, gives the learner recommended activities. Once prescribed, a I did it today button is added to the exercise card.
The Exercises activity is proposed during the Apply phase of the ELPA learning cycle in order to put the learner's acquired knowledge into action.
Suitable for Badge, Score, Shake'n'Learn features: no
Available medias: images (.png/.jpg/.jpeg), audio (.mp3), PDF documents, video (.mp4, integrable subtitles)
Web app compatible: yes
- Association of each exercise with a category
- Unlimited content (with scrolling on some mobiles from 400 characters)
- Card title limited to 25 characters
- Unlimited number of exercises per category
Module type: self-evaluation / exercises
- 17.4 : non applicable
- 16.9 : non applicable
Not applicable = no modification has been made from 16.9 version
Read the article to learn more on Self-evaluation / Exercises modules.
How to fill in the Excel® Exercises activity template?
All activities can be downloaded from:
by clicking at the top right of the screen on Activity templates.
They can also be downloaded from the training course authoring page.
Note: it is recommended to download the activity templates regularly, or even each time you use them, as these are frequently updated
The Excel® activity template for the Exercises activity is made up of three tabs:
1. The Instructions tab provides access to the Help Center article on the activity in question. It also shows screenshots of the rendering on the App.
2. The Configuration tab shows the different configurations to configure for the activity:
- Column D : the category name. Please note that the category must correspond to a Self-evaluation activity profile linked to this activity.
3. The Cards tab allows to create content:
- Column A : link to the associated category (and predefined in the Configuration tab)
- Column C : the title (limited to 25 characters)
- Column F : the content (limited to 400 characters)
How to use the Webauthoring tool for the Exercises activity?
To find out more about creating an activity, read the article "How to create the training course content for the first time?"
Edit your Exercises activity.
The Webauthoring tool for the Exercises activity is made up of two tabs:
- Content 1: linked to the Exercises-type activity
- Content 2 : linked to the Self-evaluation-type activity
The names of the profiles created on the Content 1 page will be available in the drop-down menu on the Content 2 page.
What is the rendering of the Exercises activity in the App?
Do you need to translate your activity? Do not hesitate to read the article on translations management of training courses content.