What is the Self-evaluation activity?
Post-training positioning quiz
Self-evaluation aims at identifying the residual strengths and weaknesses of the learner at the end of his training course. A customised exercise path can be created based on the learner's responses to a series of weighted questions in order to optimise the efficacy of the training.
Each question offers up to three weighted responses, each associated with a defined profile. At the end of the activity, an algorithm defines a main profile for the learner (the profile with the most points) and completes a prescription of exercises established by the trainer for this profile.
Self-evaluation is part of the Apply stage of the ELPA learning cycle. It finds its place at the end of the training and aims to adjust real-life professional situations exercises according to the learner acquired knowledge.
Suitable for Badge, Score, Shake'n'Learn features: no
Available medias: images (.png/.jpg/.jpeg)
Web app compatible: yes
- Number of profiles: from 2 to 8
- Association of one or more training exercises with each profile (optional)
- By question: 2 or 3 answers
- By answer: combination of a profile (mandatory) and a weighting (optional)
- Activity introduction text
- Profiles name
- Pace of training (number of days between each activity of the training path)
- Result page title
- Conclusion text associated with each profile (the activity displays the text of the profile with the most points)
Module type: self-evaluation / exercises
- 17.4: not applicable
- 16.9: not applicable
Not applicable = no modification has been made from 16.9 version
Read the article to learn more on Self-evaluation / Exercises modules
How to use the Webauthoring tool for the Self-evaluation activity?
To find out more about creating an activity, read the article "How to create the training course content for the first time?"
Edit your Self-evaluation activity.
The Webauthoring tool for the Self-evaluation activity is made up of two tabs:
- Content 1 : linked to the Exercises activity
- Content 2 : linked to the Self-evaluation activity
Names of profiles created in the Content 1 page will be available in the drop-down menu of the Content 2 page.
How to fill in the Excel® Self-evaluation activity template?
All activities can be downloaded from:
by clicking at the top right of the screen on Activity templates.
They can also be downloaded from the training course authoring page.
Note: it is recommended to download the activity templates regularly, or even each time you use them, as these are frequently updated
The Excel® activity template for the Self-evaluation activity is made up of three tabs:
1. The Instructions tab provides access to the Help Center article on the activity in question. It also shows screenshots of the rendering on the App.
2. The Configuration tab shows the different configurations to configure for the activity:
- Column D : the name of a category. Please note that the category must correspond to a profile of the Self-evaluation type activity linked to this activity.
3. The Cards tab allows to create content:
- Column A : link to the associated category (and predefined in the Configuration tab)
- Column C : the title (limited to 25 characters)
- Column F : the content (limited to 400 characters)
What is the rendering of the Self-evaluation activity in the App ?
Do you need to translate your activity? Do not hesitate to read the article on translations management of training courses content.