The "Search" tab is the third in the App menu.
Does your Mobile Learning platform give you access to a lot of information but you don't have the patience to go through your Wall or go through each course when you are looking for specific information?
Thanks to the Search function you can search for information by keyword. Depending on the keyword, you will be suggested articles, trainings and Toolboxes in which the keyword is contained.
The results are sorted according to whether the searched keyword is the most relevant are displayed first and according to the preferred language of the learner. Moreover, only the communications, training and toolboxes to which learners have access will appear
Note: With these linguistic analyzers, when a user makes a search, for each language the search can automatically:
- Remove diacritics (e.g. accents) so that “rôle” is equivalent to “role”.
- Remove the distinction between singular and plural or between verbal tenses (e.g. “jump”, “jumped”, “jump”)
- Remove commonly used “stop words” such as “the”, “and” and “or” to improve performance
- Consider synonyms so that when a user searches for “UK”, we can retrieve courses containing “United Kingdom” as well.
- Check for spelling mistakes or alternative spellings, or matches on homophones. For example, in English “their” and “there”.