TIMED SELECTION OF CORRECT WORDS IN A CROSSING LIST
Pick a Word is a memory anchoring activity that lets the learner move a rocket on the words corresponding to a concept.
Words scroll from the top of the screen. The learner moves the rocket on the right words and dodges the incorrect ones. The activity has several levels. With each new level scrolls a new series of words, the rocket accelerates and the game becomes more difficult.
The activity is successful according to the score. A good answer gives one point while a wrong answer removes one point.
Pick a Word is designed to assess learning outcomes, therefore proposed in the ELPA Practice Phase.
Suitable for Badge, Score, Shake'n'Learn features: yes
Available medias: not applicable
Web app compatible: yes, but: Pick a Word is presented as the Challenge: each level is grouped on one card and words are represented by buttons.
- Score, in the form of a progress bar. It turns green for each correct answer and red for each incorrect answer
- By level (affirmation): 5 correct answers, 5 incorrect answers
- Levels limited to 100 characters, responses limited to 15 characters
- Introduction card title*
- Introduction card text
- Number of correct answers required to succeed and validate the activity (success threshold)
- Background image (.png/.jpg)
- Question sorting method*
- Conclusion card title*
- Conclusion card text
- Conclusion card text displayed when faultless / success / fail*
- Cursor image*
Module type: training path
* only available from 17.4 version