Teach on Mars allows you to lock a module according to different criteria:
- By date (read the article "How to limit in time the access to a module?")
- By code (read the article "How to lock a module using a code?")
- By condition of success of another module of the training course (eg: module 4 of your training course will only be unlock if module 3 is succeeded), we will see this in the present article.
Note: Up to version 17.4, the module must contain at least one scored activity (success condition). In the higher versions, this notion is automatic. Indeed, if the module does not show any scored activity, it will then be taken into account a condition of completion of all the activities included in the module.
Once your training course selected, click on Authoring
then click to edit your module (read the article "How to edit the content of an existing training course?" if you know no more how to modify an existing module).
Select the Unlock this training course after success of "My first module" module value of the Lock condition drop-down menu and finish by clicking on Save
So, to unlock a module, you just have to follow the same process but select This regular training course is not locked in the Lock condition drop-down menu and finish by clicking on Save
- The locking conditions are automatically disabled if a Profiling activity is present in the training path
- At least one scored activity must be present in the module as unlock condition
- Note that this option is not available on the first module of your training course