There are two methods to import a learners list:
- Import from the downloaded sample file from the Mission Center
- Import from your own Excel file
Import from the downloaded sample file from the Mission Center
You can import a large number of learners at once, from a single Excel file.
Access your Mission Center and click on Learners.
Then click on Import
Select Import / Update learners:
You can direct download the sample file from the Mission Center
In the Excel file, fill in your learners information:
- status (A = Active / I = Inactive)
- sandbox_tester (content reviewer Y = Yes / N = No)
- Metadata if they have already been registered (optional)
IMPORT FROM YOUR OWN EXCEL FILE
If you use your own Excel file, verify to register it in CSV UTF 8 format:
- Open your Excel file containing your learners list
- Go in the "File" tab
- Click on "Save as" and select the file type "CSV (semicolon delimited)", then click on "Save"
- The following message should appear.
- To encode your CSV file into UTF-8, open it in a text editor: Notepad on Windows (Start Menu > All Programs> Tools > Notepad) or TextWrangler on Mac.
- Click on the "File" menu, then "Save As" and in the "Encoding" drop-down list, select "UTF-8".
- After having saved it, your file is encoded in UTF-8: you can upload it in the Mission Center.
Note: if the file contains already existing accounts, they will automatically be updated.