There are two methods to import a learners list:
- Import from the downloaded sample file from the Mission Center
- Import from your own Excel file
Import from the downloaded sample file from the Mission Center
You can import a large number of learners at once, from a single Excel file.
Access your Mission Center and click on Learners.
Then click on Import
You can direct download the sample file from the Mission Center
In the Excel file, fill in your learners information:
- status (A = Active / I = Inactive)
- sandbox_tester (content reviewer Y = Yes / N = No)
- Metadata if they have already been registered (optional)
IMPORT FROM YOUR OWN EXCEL FILE
If you use your own Excel file, verify to register it in CSV UTF 8 format:
- Open your Excel file containing your learners list
- Go in the "File" tab
- Click on "Save as" and select the file type "CSV (comma delimited)", then click on "Save"
- The following message should appear.
- To encode your CSV file into UTF-8, open it in a text editor: Notepad on Windows (Start Menu > All Programs> Tools > Notepad) or TextWrangler on Mac.
- Click on the "File" menu, then "Save As" and in the "Encoding" drop-down list, select "UTF-8".
- After having saved it, your file is encoded in UTF-8: you can upload it in the Mission Center.
Note: if the file contains already existing accounts, they will automatically be updated.